Route No. 29acontd.
From Moulmein to Zimmayacontd.
Names of Stages. Intermediate. Total. Rivers. Remarks.
11. Maith-yonk ... ... ... 11th day.aLand. From Paphoon the course lies easterly. It takes two days to reach the Salween over hills 3,(XX) feet high. Maith-yonk is reached on the evening of the first. Some 20 villages are passed in the course on the day's march, the general direction of which is east-north-east. There is no regular road.
12, Dahgwem-zeik. ... ... 12th day.aLand. Reach Dahgwemzeik on the Salween. No villages on the line of this day's march.
13. Maithunkat 14. Mhine-loon- gyee a aa ... ... 13th day.aLand. Cross to the east bank of the Salween, No villages passed. 14th day.aLand. Mhine-loon-gyee is a town on ths banks of a river of that name. It is the residence of a Siamese official, who superintends the working of the forests belonging to the chief of Zimme.
15. Maizaleen... ... ... 15th day.aLand. Reach Maizaleen choung or creek. The creek contains a population of about 600 people ia three villages close to each other.
16. Maizalee-tee-poot. ... ... ... 16th day.aLand. The country hereabout is very hUIy and sparsely populated.
17. Bawgee ... 17th day.aLand. Bawgee, a village of about 70 houses. The day's march is over level ground. N.B.aFrom Bawgee there is a route Hoo Sakkan abont 20 miles over a level ground. Thence on to Naobufc, with 150 houses and a Siamese guard. From this on toA Sakkan in the jungle Koung-taw, and then on to W%-gong, another Sakkan ; then on to Pammoung with 300 houses ; then on to Zimme, a short journey.
18. Camp ... ... ... 18th day.aLand. This day's march ends in a bivouae there being no villages.
19. Soon-toung-dat-paw. ... ... 19th day.aLand. The only village passed is MhinewootA
20. Laiguin (village). ... ... ... 20th day.aLand. Six villages, names not known, an passed in this day's march.
21. Zimmay ... ... ... ... 21st day.aLand. Seven villages, name not known, aw passed during the day.21. Zimmay ... ... ... ... 21st day.a Land. Seven villages, name not known, aw passed during the day.