Route No. 5acontd. From Bhamo to Man-wyneacontd.
Names of Stages. Intermediate. Total. Rivers. Remarks.
2. Nona-poung river. 17 38 ... These marches were most fatiguing to the troops.
3. Pay-seetcli camp. 12 60 The men were obliged to follow one another in sin^ rank along the narrow tracks. The steepness in pl8A^. was excessive, and there were long descents. [jY-JB.aThe road over the hills might easily be rend^ practicable for elephants, and is on the whole well ceived. Any improvements necessary could be without difficulty or expense.]
RoutA No. 6.
Territory.aBurma. Authority.aDr. Clement Williams.
Names of Stages. Inter-mediate. Total. Rivers. Remarks.
1. Lanat ... Three days' journey through hills to Nater.
2. Nater Shansa2 days.
3. Seefan Along a fertile plain to Seefana3 days.
4. Ming-non ... ... Shan villagea2 days.
5. Ning-wong Chinese citya1 day.
6. Mien-mo ... ... ... Two days by hill route to Mien-mo.6. Mien-mo ... ... ... Two days by hill route to Mien-mo.