Land Regulations. 146
borne by the Lessee. Landmarks will in the first instance be set up by the Company, but will be kept in repair at the expense of the Lessees.
16. Upon breach by the Lessee of the clauses marked respectively 7 and 8, or of either of them, the land shall revert or escheat to the Company.
17. All arrears of payment due by the Lessee under the provisions of this notification shall be recoverable by summary process in any court of law in the territory of The British North Borneo Company.
18. In the case of Companies or persons wishing to take large tracts of land modifications of clauses 5, 6, and 7 may be made.
19. The regulations respecting the registration of titles to land, and the fees chargeable for registration, shall be the same as those enforced by Ordinance No. 7 of 1849, enacted by the Legislative Council of the British Colony of Labuan, which ordinance has been adopted as the law in this matter throughout the territory.
20. The only fee chargeable under the provisions of this Notification upon the issue of a lease is the sum of two dollars, which includes the fee for the registration of the same.
Table of Fees.
On Issue of lease or grant, including fee for registration $ c.
Registration of mutation of title to land 2.00
Registration of mortgage or other charge 1.00
Inspection of Registers 0.25
For certified extract for same 1.00
Upset Prices and Premia.
Town building lots, upset price .. .. .. .. 16.00
Suburban lots .. . / .. .. .. .. mOQ
Country lands under 100 acres, per acre .. .. .. 1.00 Waste lands of 100 acres and upwards, free of quit-rent,
premium per acre .. .. .. .. .. 1.00
Do., with quit-rent of 10 cents per acre, premium per acre 0.50Do., with quit-rent of 10 cents per acre, premium per acre 0.50