siR ja3es brooke, k.c.b. 147
5. Captain Keppel, 1843,1844.
6. The Rajah Muda Hassim, 1843, 1844.
7. Mr. Church, 1843 a Resident Councillor of Singapore.
8. Tay Song QueaCommander of a Chinese vessel.
9. Colonel Butterworth, 1844aGovernor of Sin-gapore.
10. Dawich Commanders of prahus from the
11. Mahdout j N. W. coast of Borneo.
12. Admiral Sir Thomas Cochrane.
13. The Sultan of Borneo ) Subsequently to the
14. The Pangeron Makoto J action of 1849.
15. Mr. Louis JacksonaCivil Service of Bengal, 1849.
16. Mr. Urban Vigors, 1852.
17. Siupacaptured after the action.
18. Abang Bit I Serebas Men
19. Abang Buyong J
20. Asinaa Chinese, formerly of Sambas.*
21. The decision of the Court of Admiralty in Sin-gapore.t
To this list I may add, that in 1850 I received the
* The Parliamentary Papers will furnish more depositions than are here noticed.
f If the decision of a Court of Justice oa a simple matter of fee* is not conclusive, where is the safety of the subject ? where the right of property to be insured ?
H 2H 2